German Canadian Entrepreneurship Initiative
The “DCAN Initiative”, designed at the University of Munich (LMU) and the University of Passau, offers students of Canada and Germany the opportunity to develop and to realize their own ideas in order to set up a personal project or a start-up. In a modular teaching program, students earn professional and methodological competences. The aim is to educate students in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation regarding intercultural skills and different approaches in solving problems.
• Innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and acting / Creativity
• Personal skills and factual knowledge, sensitivity for leadership
• development of social innovation
• development of innovation strategies regarding intercultural differences
• fostering communication and language skills
• connecting science and economy of Canada and Germany, Bavaria and Québec